A Dreamer's Confessions


THE DREAMER


DEVIANTART MYANIMELIST TUMBLR

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my little corner here.

欢迎!我很高兴见到你! It's very comfy and cozy, I assure you c:

Okay, confession timee. I'm an awkward hermit. I'm basically a very atypical high school girl who stays in her room a lot of the time, but this interesting trip I will take you along will show you how broad the world I live in is. You'll basically get to walk into the life of a imaginative, bizarre girl's world. There's no turning back...you stepped foot into a place where you'll have a glimpse of all my hobbies *cough obsessions* : my love for ANIME, k-pop, fashion, animals, writing, music...the list goes on!

I hope you enjoy your stay~

WARNING: Strong enthusiast of all things kawaii.
Proceed with CAUTION.

**Please don't take any images from this blog: all photos belong to me unless stated otherwise


Home About Stuffs Archive Follow Dash

Support me!

Please help support my blog by following it! I would love you forever and it really encourages me to make more posts!


Archive of Blog Posts

  • Shoujo Princess (少女プリンセス) HAIRSTYLE
  • Adorable Charm Lot! ~
  • The Ninja Code: The Secret Art of Never Giving Up!
  • D.I.Y. Onigiri おにぎり Keychain
  • Reflection
  • Random doodling..I should really pay attention!
  • Happy 15th Birthday to my sister!!
  • Messy Hair Problems...and PANDAS!
  • Nom noms...delicious food!
  • Weibo~ chinese microblogging site!
  • Leave me a message!


    My Instagram

    @coeurverre
    Calendar

    Credits

    Template: NURUL ATIQAH
    BS's: ARRIEN INSPIRIT
    Owner: MARIE

    ACEN 2014- First Anime Convention Adventure~
    Friday, June 6, 2014 • 7:31 PM • 0 comments
    *breathes deeply* ahh~ hiii it has been quite awhile since my last post, 
    but the good news is that I have an exciting new one 

    Just to give a quick preface-a couple of weeks ago, my best friend (Karen) and I went to our very first anime convention. OH MY GOSH. The moment we stepped in and stood in line we were internally fangirling and everything. I saw so many characters I realized and my gosh it was an absolute otaku dream come true. My lesson from this experience: THOU SHALL CONTAIN YOUR FEELS. NO MATTER WHAT.

    Now, to talk about our very fun-filled experience. Both of us are air heads (as much as we want to deny it) so there were certain problems *cough many problems* we came across, but we pulled through. First off, we both have a horrible sense of direction and got lost in the huge convention center AT LEAST 20 times. We walked in circles, went to dead ends--everything you can think of, we did it.

    The great thing about this is that we were able to come across so many amazing cosplayers and took a bunch of pics. I'm really sorry about the quality (it's not top-notch) since we took it with our phones, but it should suffice. First off, let me introduce what characters we cosplayed as. My friend Karen cosplayed as Mio from the anime k-on, and I cosplayed as Nanami Chiaki from Super Danganronpa 2 (a video game).

    In case anyone is curious, yes, we bought the oufits haha from ebay or amazon. If you want any links or any info on the costume, feel free to write it in the comment section or contact me and I'll be happy to tell you.
    This year we went for characters we adore, but simply dressed. Simplistic, cute characters.
    Our photos:

    AHH WHERE TO BEGIN. Alright, Alright. First impressions. Immediately when I stepped into the convention I noticed there were so many amazing and kind people here. So many people we could relate to and so many enthusiastic, fun-to-be-around, interesting people! I was being the stupid, clumsy person I am and dropped, like, $100 on the ground accidentally. No joke. I know...
    I really need to stop doing stupid things. ANYWAYS, this kind soul told me and everyone there was just so warm and loving. The people at anime conventions are phenomenal. The cosplayers and the hard work that went into was jaw-dropping and we took some photos of some amazing cosplayers we came across.

    Prepare your eyes...for awesome cosplay!! 
     
    click on the photos to get a better view of the awesome cosplay!

    Alrighttt, sorry for the loads of photos but anyone can get the idea that these people are amazing! By far the most cosplayed characters both Karen and I saw were Kirito from SAO, Asuna from SAO, Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) characters, Danganronpa characters, Free! characters, and homestuck characters.

    On the subject of taking photos of cosplay...err I shall talk about asking for photos since I have problems with it. Let me just start of by saying that YES I did prepare myself mentally for the spasms that were bound to occur and I contained my feels so that I would not attack anyone. Rest assured, I did not loose control haha. But asking to take photos is...something I'm not very used to so most of the photos you see above were taken by my partner in crime, Karen. Or she asked. In fact, if you see the Levi cosplayer, I actually had to beg my friend to ask that man to take the photo because I was just SO DARN NERVOUS. GAHH. Call me crazy but just seeing the PHYSICAL version of my all-time favorite character in Attack on Titan left me star struck and a nervous wreck. My hands were shaking as I took the photo so I'm  very sorry to whoever that is, sincerely sorry. I did not do your awesome cosplay justice by taking a shaky picture. I just have...problems... 

    Now, tell my embarrassing tale. So...Karen and I were sitting at a cafe to rest our tired feet (we literally walked around FOR HOURS and missed 3 panels we wanted to go to because we have horrible sense of both time and direction) and I see an L cosplayer sitting there. *sigh* this is when stuff starts getting out of control. I freakishly stared at this person for a good 10 minutes and finally I literally abruptly stood up and ran to this person to ask for a photo. The one-sided conversation went sort of like this:
    Me: Um...*avoids eye contact* may I please take your photo?!
    L: (stares up from map) ...
    Me: (engages in eye contact) ...
    -awkward 10 seconds pass by or what FELT LIKE ETERNITY TO ME-
    L: ...
    Me: *takes a photo and runs*
    I LITERALLY TOOK THE PHOTO AND RAN LIKE A MAD WOMAN.
    I don't know why I did that or..asdfghj...I think it was some sort of a reflex. I figured in our time of
    awkward silence he was "acting in character" and didn't respond to my question. And so..I just took it.



    SOMEONE KILL ME. AHHH. Karen even took a photo of me akwardly staring at this poor person (why she did it is a long story). Actually, not really a long story. She was vlogging our experience (which by the way, once I finish editing it I'll be sure to post it on youtube and share the vid) and SHE CAPTURED THIS MOMENT. I went up kind of hesitantly and told her not to record it but she went ahead and did it anyways. Thanks, Karen.

    From the anime convention we took hope a few anime merchandise (not as much as we would've liked to). I spent a total of $45: I bought a plushie alpalca whoI named fuwa-chan (cause so fluffy!!!!) and an adorable wallet for my sister who wasn't able to attend. Karen spend a bit more since she bought a cute fox plushie which she named sora-kun because he is the color of the sky, a pokemon t-shirt, and another plushie for our other friend who was not able to attend.

    Family photo~ haha fuwa-chan and sora-kun look like a really cute pair!


    To sum up our experience in a few words-- it was an unforgettable moment in our lives! A moment we will cherish and bring along with us. Although two of our friends weren't able to make it, we took in the experience for them and shared all the amazing moments we had. There was a lot of problems we ran into (mainly directional problems since we got lost no matter we went) but what mattered was that in the end we finally kind of understand the structure of the three buildings. THEY ARE CONNECTED BY A SKY WALK WAY. Oh gosh, we didn't realize that until the very end at around 8:00 pm haha.

    In the end, we only went to one panel-a Shingeki no Kyojin panel. Yet when we sat down (excited that we actually found the room) they kind of told us they were going to spoil the manga for us...so we literally led a revolution and stomped our way out. NO WAY WERE WE GOING TO GET THAT SPOILED FOR US! Really disappointed that we didn't get to stay, but hey. We want to be surprised and find out for ourselves. Also, they should've maybe mentioned the spoiler part in the panel description next time.

    Yin and Stephanie, we were really sad you weren't able to make it! Come with us next time!

    our attractive sad faces. Also I think the pic on right is meant to be a provocative image haha

    Definitely two pieces of advice from this entire experience:

    1) The more people you come with, the merrier! There are more people to share excitement with, so of course it'll be more fun! Next year we're dragging a bunch of our friends and we're going to return and have a blast. Hopefully bring some friends who can read maps too haha

    2) Be confident, and enjoy yourself! We saw so many people fixed with their outfits and didn't take the time to relax and enjoy the fun aspects of the experience. 
    Take a deep breath and just have fun.



    Labels: , , , , , ,



    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment




    + +