A Dreamer's Confessions


THE DREAMER


DEVIANTART MYANIMELIST TUMBLR

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my little corner here.

欢迎!我很高兴见到你! It's very comfy and cozy, I assure you c:

Okay, confession timee. I'm an awkward hermit. I'm basically a very atypical high school girl who stays in her room a lot of the time, but this interesting trip I will take you along will show you how broad the world I live in is. You'll basically get to walk into the life of a imaginative, bizarre girl's world. There's no turning back...you stepped foot into a place where you'll have a glimpse of all my hobbies *cough obsessions* : my love for ANIME, k-pop, fashion, animals, writing, music...the list goes on!

I hope you enjoy your stay~

WARNING: Strong enthusiast of all things kawaii.
Proceed with CAUTION.

**Please don't take any images from this blog: all photos belong to me unless stated otherwise


Home About Stuffs Archive Follow Dash

Support me!

Please help support my blog by following it! I would love you forever and it really encourages me to make more posts!


Archive of Blog Posts

  • Reflection
  • Random doodling..I should really pay attention!
  • Happy 15th Birthday to my sister!!
  • Messy Hair Problems...and PANDAS!
  • Nom noms...delicious food!
  • Weibo~ chinese microblogging site!
  • I love you...Finding True Love
  • When you wish upon a star...
  • Hello, World...?
  • Leave me a message!


    My Instagram

    @coeurverre
    Calendar

    Credits

    Template: NURUL ATIQAH
    BS's: ARRIEN INSPIRIT
    Owner: MARIE

    D.I.Y. Onigiri おにぎり Keychain
    Monday, May 27, 2013 • 6:50 PM • 2 comments
    With a day off from school, I was bored and decided to make rice balls or onigiri except today I'm going to show you how to make a key chain one so you can bring it with you everywhere you go! It's very simple and easy to make! Anyone can try and make it!
    **NOTE: No experience needed, but you do need to know the basics on how to sew a need through cloth/fabric. I kind of learned how to do it myself, but if you don't know the basics there are some very helpful tutorials and helpful resources if you google it!
    imageimage

    Let's get started!

    Here's the list of materials you'll need:
    Scissors              green, white, gray thread   White cloth/fabric   Cotton balls
     Ruler                  Needle                             Black Cloth/fabric  Pen
     Necklace chain*

    *one that you don't need anymore
    imageimage

    1) Gather your materials and set them on the table (this way you'll be able to find everything easier!) c: Yes, I am using hair-cutting scissors because I can't find any other ones. T ^ T If you can try to use ordinary craft scissors or better yet fabric cutting scissors!
    imageimage

    2) Fold the cloth in half, take your ruler and measure approximately ~2.5 inches (5.08 cm) in width from the edge, and ~ 3 inches in height. Make sure that you're measuring from the folded half. The reason it's a lot higher is because you're going to need to make that curved shape later AND I'm horrible at cutting! Think of it this way: you'll have more space to work with and less room for mistakes. Be sure to mark the measurements with a pen so you can see where you're going to cut!
    Marking is very helpful! I tried it once without marking and messed up really badly D:
    imageimage

    3) After you cut it and get a rectangular piece of cloth, make the folded part the base of the rice ball and start to cut a curved shape. I don't have much advice for this part but to try and make it symmetrical. It actually took me two tries (meaning I had to start over again but this is because I made the height way too short). Taking a look at images of rice balls will also hellp!This is what it should look like after you cut it!
    They almost look like real rice balls~ 
    imageimage

    3) Add the "seaweed"! Place the black cloth in the center of the rice ball and start to sew along the lines like the picture below with your green thread. The line along the middle in the picture below was on the black cloth I used since it was the only one I could find...so it's kind of just there. Please ignore it, lol your seaweed should look a lot more normal than mine! My seaweed was found in radioactive waters. xD
    Try and follow the lines to the best of your ability! If it doesn't turn out absolutely perfect, don't fret! Mine was far from perfect, but it still turned out pretty good, so don't give up!
    imageimage

    4) Time to give your rice ball some shape! I use cotton balls because..well they're cotton haha and cotton is super soft. They're just so fluffy and squish like marshmallows but way less sticker. If your cotton is sticky...something is wrong!! Please...try to make sure they're unused ;D
    Fluffy marshmallow stuffing! 

    Check to see about how many cotton balls you're going to need by putting them in the onigiri.
    I used way too many so I'd recommend around 5-6...but you can always experiment! **NOTE: DO NOT sew it in yet..not yet...we're almost there! :D The reason my cotton balls look so nice and...non-circular is because of the next step, so please proceed!


    imageimage

    5) Take out the cotton balls...AND DESTROY THEMM!!  That's right, you read it correctly! Now is the time to unleash your anger at the cotton balls by ripping them into shreds and smashing them. The more you destroy them, the softer your onigiri will be! So if you have any frustrations with finals/tests, homework, your parents, friends, guy friends, fluffy friends...RIP, RIP, RIPP!! I actually found this step to be a really good stress-reliever, but unfortunately I wasn't feeling as angry today since I had no school. Hopefully yours turns out better than mine.
    I is an angry ram! ~ fear mee!! 
    The final result should look like an pile of wool from a ram! 
    Angry ram doesn't like us taking cotton from it..oh well D:

    imageimage

    6) Close the onigiri (it should be empty), take your needle (remember to calm down first) and begin to sew along the edges with your gray thread until you reach the halfway point. Thenn you can put your nice pile of fluff into the rice ball. R.I.P. angry ram. It is EXTREMELY important to calm down first. We don't want anything bad happening to...anyone. Also, you have the option of using either gray or white thread...but for whatever reason I felt that gray looked better. Feel free to choose to fit your own preferences.
    imageimage

    7) Now you're done with the onigiri, and your off to add the chain! This isn't really a step, but you can stop and admire your delicious rice ball. You must refrain from drooling to avoid having the cotton expand. It may explode. (haha I'm just kidding but don't drool, because you'll regret it later if you try to eat it!)
    imageimage

    8) Carefully pick up your scissors and put the blade at no less than 2.25 inches (5.7 cm) and cut it AWAY FROM YOUR FACE! Yes, it is possible to cut a necklace chain with scissors (if they are sharp enough) and my evidence is that I did it with hair-cutting scissors that are quite thin. The circular thing is a keychain thing I added at the end of it, but it's entirely optional and not really needed since you can technically add the chain to your key easily without one.

    Make sure you're cutting away from your face!
    imageimage

    9) Get your white thread ready and tie it onto your needle. Loop the thread in the very first (or last whichever way you look at it) chain hole and sew it right in the smack center of your rice ball. I've indicated where that is in the photo below. After you do this, twice, put your needle through the loop on the other end of the chain and sew it through a couple of times as well.
    "x" marks the spot you should insert the needle!
    imageimage

    10) Cut the white thread with your scissors and leave enough at the end so you can double, triple, quadruple knot it to make sure it is secured and does not fall. If you really want to be extreme and GUARANTEE that it won't fall, take some super glue nearby and put it on the knot. I just knotted it so many times I literally lost track and there's just this humongous knot ball.

    Started to use my cute scissors found in the sewing kit! I wonder why I didn't use it earlier..hmm..

    imageimage

    11) Lift that rice ball up, and drag it around like it's on a leash and is your pet to make sure that your hard work remains in one piece! If it collapses...you might have to redo step #9 and #10 but this time use the super glue method or just knot it a million (slight exaggeration) times like me! I also advise that when you're pulling it like it's on a leash you are clear from other people or they might...think weirdly of you. I am not responsible if someone catches you doing that!

    My pet...rice ball...T ^ T I shall call you...Onigiri! 

    imageimage
    Voila~ You're finally done!
    That was pretty easy, right? Attach your adorable keychain to your wallet, your backpack chain, your key holder and you're finally complete! I attached it to my wallet where it made a new friend!
    Oh no, it's being eaten!! D: It looks too yummy!

    Be sure to guard your onigiri keychain from your friends to make sure it doesn't get eaten! Angry rams don't taste that good.
     Cotton doesn't either!




    Labels: , , , , , , ,



    2 Comments:

    Anonymous Kayla said...

    Wahh!! this is way too cute! nice job ^__^

    May 28, 2013 at 6:15 AM  
    Blogger Pingu said...

    This is so cute! :D

    May 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM  

    Post a Comment




    + +